Through our Spurness wind farm we make around £25,000 per year available for community and charitable projects. Between 2004 and 2029 we expect to invest £600,000 in local projects.
The community fund can support projects which:
- develop skills and abilities to implement projects that are important to the island’s future
- support the acquisition, development and use of community assets
- increase the involvement with local organisations and community activity
- overcome the barriers that can prevent disadvantaged or excluded members of the community from enjoying a high quality of life, particularly young people and the elderly
- involve them in caring for the environment and ensuring it is protected for future generations
- strengthens the local economy through community-led entrepreneurial activity
Projects in the following community council areas can apply:
You can see who is eligible to apply here.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
- The Application Form and Guidelines are available to download below:
Application Form - £250 - £10,000
For more information on this fund please contact:
Community Investment Manager
Tel: 01738 516504