Through our Beatrice offshore windfarm, we make around £380,000 per year available for community and charitable projects in Caithness. Between 2017 and 2021 we expect to invest £1.9 million in local projects.
The community fund can support projects which:
- Encourage community activity and promote community spirit
- Ensure adequate access to services for all community members including those with disabilities
- Improve local infrastructure and connectivity
- Build the local economy including opportunities for apprenticeships and training
- Build community capacity and cohesion between groups
- Develop or maintain community assets
- Heritage, Culture and Arts
- Health and Wellbeing, including sports
Projects in the following community council areas can apply:
- Sinclair’s Bay
- Tannach and District
- Latheron, Lybster and Clyth
- Berriedale and Dunbeath
You can find out who is eligible to apply here.
HOW TO APPLY
The Beatrice Caithness Local Community Fund is now at the end of its lifetime plan. However, with a small amount of residual funding remaining in the Tannach and District community council area and the Latheron, Lybster and Clyth community council area, an additional application round is now being held.
The closing date for this final application round is 30 June 2023 with an advisory panel scheduled to meet on 17 August 2023 to consider the applications received.
Applications for this round must directly benefit the Tannach and District Community Council area and the Latheron, Lybster and Clyth community council area.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Fund Manager to gain an understanding of the remaining residual balances for each local area to enable applicants to form a suitable approach.
The Application Form and Guidelines are available to download below:
APPLICATION FORM - £251 - £10,000
APPLICATION FORM - £10,000+
For more information on this fund please contact:
Community Fund Manager
Tel: 07823 783 404
Email: [email protected]