Through our Beatrice offshore windfarm, we make around £380,000 per year available for community and charitable projects in Caithness. Between 2017 and 2021 we expect to invest £1.9 million in local projects.
The community fund can support projects which:
- Encourage community activity and promote community spirit
- Ensure adequate access to services for all community members including those with disabilities
- Improve local infrastructure and connectivity
- Build the local economy including opportunities for apprenticeships and training
- Build community capacity and cohesion between groups
- Develop or maintain community assets
- Heritage, Culture and Arts
- Health and Wellbeing, including sports
Projects in the following community council areas can apply:
- Sinclair’s Bay
- Tannach and District
- Latheron, Lybster and Clyth
- Berriedale and Dunbeath
You can find out who is eligible to apply here.
HOW TO APPLY
The Beatrice Caithness Community Fund is now at the end of its five-year lifetime plan and has some residual funds remaining.
A final application round is now being held, and the closing date for completed applications is Friday 27 January 2023.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Fund Manager to gain an understanding of the remaining residual balances for each local area to enable applicants to form a suitable approach.
The Application Form and Guidelines are available to download below:
APPLICATION FORM - £251 - £10,000
APPLICATION FORM - £10,000+
For more information on this fund please contact:
Community Fund Manager
Tel: 07823 783 404